Fantasy Tupac 2006
So I'm on the train and I can't help but over hear this very loud conversation between these 3 youngstas. At first I thought they were arguing. But when I listened a bit closer, I saw that they weren't arguing, they were just having a very passionate discussion about Tupac and what he'd be doing if he were still alive today. Immediately, it came off as humorous. But I gotta admit they offered some really stimulating possibilities to ponder about...
(I will now try to briefly place you in the discussion at the below interjection)...
Young Dread Dude: Hell Naw! Pac wouldn't be down with 50! Kanye? Maybe. But never 50!
Tall Young Dude: Nigga, yes he would. They'd be tight!
Young Dread Dude: Nigga, Pac wouldn't be fucking with the East Coast!
Shorter Young Dude: Nigga, Pac woulda been squashed that funk. He and Biggie woulda been collaborated and cashed in. You trippin! If Nas and Jay-Z called truce Pac woulda did the same with Biggie way before them
Young Dread Dude: No Nigga, You are trippin'! Pac would never squash that shit with Biggie because then he would have to be cool with Puffy and that would never happen. Shut-Up!
Shorter Young Dude: I'm saying, Pac would be down with 50. And 50 don't like Puffy. So Pac still wouldn't have to like Puffy's weak ass either.
Tall Young Dude: All I know is that if Pac were still alive Death Row would still be cracking!
Young Dread Dude: So you saying Pac would be down with Eminem then?
Shorter Young Dude: Hell yeah Nigga. Pac? M? Snoop? And Dr. Dre? Don't Hate! And I bet he'd have a grill too!
Tall Young Dude: A grill?
Shorter Young Dude: Yeah nigga. A GRILL!
Tall Young Dude: Blood...
Shorter Young Dude: ...Don't hate!
Tall Young Dude: Nig...
Shorter Young Dude: Stop Hatin!! You know Pac and...
Young Dread Dude: Both of y'all is trippin! All I know is that if Pac was still alive, he'd be HELLA Buff!!!
(3 second pause of thoughtful silence)...
All the Young Dudes: Yup. Yup. You right about that. Fo' sho. True dat...
Shorter Young Dude:(hella hyped!): Yeah niggaz, Pac would be hella swoll and he woulda been on Dave Chapelle like what, "I'm rich Biatch!!"
Then they all started cracking up and I was holding back my and laughs as was on the verge of passing out. They then exited the train and I was left by myself with thoughts of Tupac still alive in 2006.
Personally, I'd like to see Pac in 2006 like so:
- Evolved in his image. Thugged out with more sophistication. Similar to the transition than Jay-Z made with Roca Wear and his present position as President at Def Jam Records.
- So that means: Pac would have to have his own clothing line and Beyonce would be his sidekick.
- I also like to think that Tupac woulda had a child by now and I can't help but lean toward Mary J Blige spittin one out for him. Of course this would be some drama. But hey, she has a hard time staying away from it and Pac lived in it. But would this detour Beyonce? Hell naw. Pac would be #1 and filthy rich by now.
- As far as the his music. man, I'm saying: I think Tupac woulda' embraced his global audience and did the collaborations Linkin Park instead of Jay-Z.
- On that note, Pac woulda prevented a few fools from coming up like Terrence Howard. That right, Pac woulda' starred in "Hustle and Flow." Either that or Pac woulda beat his ass for fronting.
- On a political level, I think Bush woulda had a sit down with Pac, yet Pac would remain opposed to the Bush agenda.
- Eventually, I see Pac saying something so passionate and against the mainstream of silence that MTV woulda banned at least one video of his. Still I see Pac producing a song so anti war that the Iraqis eventually invite him to their country and kick him down with some money.
...Basically, I can see how "Fantasy Tupac" could be a stimulating, fun and interesting discussion. Especially when we already live in a world absent of Tupac and Biggie...and Outkast just doesn't make enuff music to fill that void. If Pac were still alive I can only hope that he'd continue to do what he did best: Speak from his heart. And even then it's kinda hard to say what he'd be exactly doing, who he'd be down with or what he'd be like. But I'm kinda feeling Young Dread Dude: "Pac would be hella Buff!"